Current track

Title

Artist

Current show

Graeme Park

00:00 01:00


Second boy, 14, arrested after teen murdered in mob attack

Written by on 23/01/2021

Detectives investigating the murder of a teenager who was killed in a street attack have arrested a second 14-year-old boy.

West Midlands Police said 15-year-old Keon Lincoln was set upon by a group of youths with weapons in the Handsworth area of Birmingham on Thursday.

The force said a 14-year-old boy was arrested in Birmingham on Friday night on suspicion of murder, and he remains in custody for questioning.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Aftermath of Birmingham mob attack

Another 14-year-old boy, arrested on Friday morning, also remains in custody.

Detective Chief Inspector Alastair Orencas said it was a “challenging investigation given the number of offenders we believe were involved”.

“I have a dedicated team of officers working 24/7 to identify those involved and we are making swift progress,” he added.

Keon’s family described him as a “fun-loving” person who had “an infectious laugh that lit up the room whenever he was in it”.

More from West Midlands

They urged witnesses or anyone with information to come forward “that will help the police bring justice for Keon” who they said had been “senselessly taken from us”.

“The family is grateful for the kind support from everyone… as we grieve this devastating loss,” they added.

The attack happened in Linwood Road, Handsworth, shortly after 3.30pm on Thursday.

Witnesses said shots were heard and the suspects were armed with knives.

Officers believe the group fled in a white car, which later crashed into a house in Lozells.

Keon was taken to hospital but later died.

A post-mortem examination is due to take place to establish the cause of death.

Police have urged anyone with dashcam footage or any other information related to the case to come forward.

 Sky News

© Sky News 2020

Tagged as